Negotiation is a complex process which goes beyond just numbers, details and data collection. A skillful negotiator deals with various aspects, from running in-depth cost analyses to determining how to deal with a specific party.
Part of our commitment to you is to deliver the refined negotiating skills we’ve acquired from years of experience.
Once you are ready to make an offer, your Patrick Parker Realty Agent will provide you with a contract to sign. Please note that an offer to purchase real estate, if accepted by the seller, is a legally binding contract. If, the seller accepts the offer (and the buyer is so notified) then a legally binding contract has most likely been struck.
Some of the items that need to be addressed in an offer are:
- The proposed purchase price
- Any concessions the buyer wants the seller to make
- Any financing contingencies<
- Any home inspection contingencies
- A clear definition of precisely what is to be included in the sale, such as lighting fixtures, large appliances, etc.
- The amount of earnest money (buyer’s deposit) that is being tendered with the offer
- Desired closing date
- Items that are specifically excluded by the seller, such as washer/dryer, refrigerator, etc.
Do you have specific questions about contract negotiations?
Contact Us today for answers.